[elearning] Youtube policy

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 16:45:43 EST 2011

Here, teachers can access YouTube, no students have access. Personally I
would start to open up access by around year 12. Oddly enough, on Friday I
spotted a student who stumbled across a blocked YouTube site that a teacher
had listed for viewing. I suggested they try another video site and they
found what they wanted on TeacherTube. I suppose that they could have just
as easily looked it up on their phone.

Gets interesting when a school has a YouTube channel that hosts videos for
viewing by the community. I am curious how this is handled.

Regards Roland

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Phil Brown <
brown.philip.d at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> This is an issue which is ongoing all over the place.
>
> What is your policy regarding the use of Youtube?
>
>    - Do you allow students full access?
>    - Do you have policies in place which place certain restrictions on
>    groups of students?
>    - Or do you have teacher only have access?
>
> I would really appreciate some feedback on this.
>
> Phil
> --
> Phil Brown
> Director of eLearning
> Wellington Secondary College

> and

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College