[elearning] Staff ICT skills

Michael Torsello (Mr) michael at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Thu Jul 24 13:36:54 EST 2008

A couple of years ago, management agreed to let me provide 4 45-minute
workshops to all teachers. These were made compulsory for teachers so by
now most  of them have completed all 4 (there are always some sticks in
the mud). The workshops are held on student-free days or after school.
The topics are:

*       Effective File Management using a notebook in a network
environment

*       Email use

*       Effective use of the Internet

*       How to use our Intranet

My VP in particular was good enough to hassle those who were slow in
completing the workshops, even sent some a stern letter!

Each year I re-run the workshops for new staff or for those who want a
refresher.

I also run other workshops on demand - recently have done one on  Vista,
one on tablets and plan one on effective backing up.

Fair to say it has worked, teachers are more independent with the skills
and are doing the "right thing".

PS I am happy to share my checklist with anyone who is interested.

With thanks

Michael Torsello

Director of Computing

St Margaret's School, Berwick