[Informatics] VCE Applied Computing Day

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 23:04:45 UTC 2019

The DLTV have organised an all day collaborative event for teachers to support the new VCE Applied Computing study design 2020-2023. It’s a good chance for us to meet together, share course plans, resources or assessment task ideas. Program will caters for new and old, you may meet some of my preservice teachers :-).

Places filling fast so don’t hesitate.

Details and registration: https://dltv.vic.edu.au/event-3466771 <https://dltv.vic.edu.au/event-3466771>

When: 	Friday 8 Nov 2019 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Where: 	Jasper Hotel, 489 Elizabeth St, Melbourne CBD

> Morning breakout sessions will be offered in Applied Computing Units 1&2 Software Development Units 3&4 and Data Analytics Units 3&4 (formerly Informatics) with a focus on planning pedagogy and assessment.Proposed afternoon breakout sessions include relevant hands-on workshops (eg. GUIs in Python, innovative projects with wearable tech) or discussion groups (eg. artificial intelligence, new VCE teachers Q&A).Schedule available soon.

Best of wishes, Roland
--
Roland Johannes GESTHUIZEN
DigiTech and STEM Education Lecturer