[Informatics] Looking for a VCE trial exam marker

Mark mark at vceit.com
Fri May 10 04:25:32 UTC 2019

I've seen requests for exam marking assistance before. I've even taken such
a job in the past.

But...

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I found that marking my kids' practice exams
was one of the most significant diagnostic tools available to me to
understand my kids' needs and strengths to improve their learning.

It's sort of like the difference between breastfeeding and employing a wet
nurse.
Sometimes, for good reasons, you have no choice but to do it, but it's
*such* a valuable experience to do it yourself.
Even if it hurts.

After marking a batch of practice exams from another teacher's class, I had
a *really* good idea of which kids were on the right track and why, and who
weren't and why. The class clown and the budding genius became very clear
in just one exam.
I got to know each one of them *so* well in just 100 marks.

I wouldn't want to have outsourced that sort of potential insight into the
kids I was teaching.
I'm not criticising the outsourcing of exam marking, but...

😕
Mark

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com