[Informatics] VCAA Practice Exam - Sect. C, Q1, Sect. B, Q4.

Ashley Foley foleya at stkevins.vic.edu.au
Tue Oct 11 08:00:10 AEDT 2016

Ben,
My take was that the user had failed to supply all the required data and so
could not move on until they had done so.
Ashley

On 10 October 2016 at 16:07, Benn POLLOCK <pol at wantirnacollege.vic.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Looking for some feedback on the VCAA Inforamtics Sample exam. As there is
> no sample answers I'm just unsure on some questions as to what the best
> response would be.
>
> *Section C - Q1A* -
> State the condition(s) that would cause the paths labelled B to be
> followed.
>
> Is this as simple as - *The user is able to return to the beginning of
> the purchasing process at the end (display total cost) if they decide they
> wish to edit their order. *
>
> I feel somewhat dumb that this question is troubling me the most as it's
> only 1 mark and I find the rest of the exam somewhat easy.
>
> *Section B - Q4* - key words here to me are *efficient and accurately.* She
> is trying to put information from 300 photos into a spreadsheet/database to
> help her identify how many of each different house type there was in what
> decade. I was thinking along the lines of developing a spreadsheet/access
> with the appropriate fields/rows (decade & house type) and then "codifying"
> each the photo into the appropriate category - followed by using a COUNTIF
> or a Query (if using Access) to generate a count of different types of
> houses as per Q4b. Then i thought, is this *efficient*? It seems like it
> would take a long time to do this - but how else do you convert visual
> data, into text quickly?? What are your thoughts on this?
>
> Maybe i'm having a "brain fart" moment and missing something more obvious
> here?
>
> Looking forward to your feedback.
> Cheers :)
> --
> *Benn Pollock*
> *Year 9 Level Leader*
> VCE Computing & Informatics Teacher
>
> *Ph.* *9801-9700*

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

Kind regards,
Ashley

Ashley Foley
Assistant Director of Administration

Work: 9832 4957
Mobile: 0488 445 331

--
This email message does not represent the view of St Kevins College, is
intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be