[Informatics] Slighty off topic BYOD question

Glennie, Derek D glennie.derek.d at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Nov 9 11:24:35 AEDT 2016

Morning folks,

Hope this finds you all in good spirits leading up to exam day.

Quick question as I know there are some e-learning coordinators on the list:

We are rolling out a BYOD platform next year and my technician is trying to tell me all devices must be connected to the school domain as we have done with the school provided devices... Our product provider is suggesting that's ridiculous and all students should simply access the wifi using their edu002 credentials and use local passwords when connecting to network devices like printers.

I'm hoping to get the opinions of others in here? anyone had any experience with connectivity and BYOD?

Thanks in advance,

Derek

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.