[Informatics] Video Editing and Production Tutorial for the U401 MMOS SAT

Paul Pascoe passyworld at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 16:31:36 AEST 2016

Hi Everyone,

In my class of 25 members of the "YouTube Generation", I was shocked to find very few of them have ever made or edited a video.

Seems they are all consumers of Cat Videos, with very few producers of media in the class.

For the U401 MMOS I have told them they need to make for their website a video out of the Interviews, live footage (of sports games mainly), and some screen captures off the net, that is narrated and has text slides in it as well.

So as part of  June Holiday Homework I am setting them a fun task that I use to get my Year 10 Multimedia students started on Adobe Premiere CC Video making.

Even if your school does not use Adobe Premiere, and/or the students do not have a creative cloud subscription on their own devices, the concepts covered are basically applicable to any movie making software.

The Online Tutorial even has a set of links to free software they can use.

In fact the Online Tutorial is kind of like a mini MMOS, that is suitable for educating a worldwide audience.

You can find the Video Editing Tutorial at this link:

http://photosbypassy.com/?p=1196

[http://photosbypassy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/How-to-Mashup-Video-JPG.jpg]<http://photosbypassy.com/?p=1196>

How To Mashup Video<http://photosbypassy.com/?p=1196>
photosbypassy.com
In this “How To” lesson we show you how to download MP4 footage as well as MP3 sound files off YouTube, and then using Adobe Premiere cut out pieces of these downloads and make your own…

Enjoy,

Paul Pascoe (aka "Passy")

IT Multimedia Teacher

St Francis Xavier College

P.S. If you are on Facebook and have time, a like for my photos page would be really nice too [😊]

https://www.facebook.com/photosbypassy<https://www.facebook.com/photosbypassy/>

[https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-1/c0.0.160.160/p160x160/10177979_226088224252677_1004350659985723785_n.jpg?oh=368a16ec15943d83642da175344f0e4a&oe=57E8288D]<https://www.facebook.com/photosbypassy/>

PBP - Photos by Passy - Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/photosbypassy/>
www.facebook.com
PBP - Photos by Passy. 485 likes · 182 talking about this. Photos and Videos of Music and Special Events - Bands, Venue Patrons, Parties, Sports,...