[Informatics] MMOS

ken price kenjprice at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:18:51 AEST 2016

Tableau Public might be useful though it is limited in modes of
presentation.

*https://public.tableau.com/s/resources*
<https://public.tableau.com/s/resources>

Useful examples for students are

Seattle Building Permits raw data

or

 Mag6PlusEarthquakes_1900-2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-cy67GJck

I suspect Google Fusion Tables are also going to prove useful, but I'm
still getting my head around the way they want data. These are a lot more
than a spreadsheet especially when linked to Google Maps.

*https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1PpuB9LScsoG7-MiUAH0MarfBYbQLWxwIhoW2rMqA&huid=E5v7NX7CyqsN_uGyYCfUuA#rows:id=1*
<https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1PpuB9LScsoG7-MiUAH0MarfBYbQLWxwIhoW2rMqA&huid=E5v7NX7CyqsN_uGyYCfUuA#rows:id=1>
  Estimated Deaths from Earthquakes Graphed – Comprehensive, in Google
Fusion Tables.

See also https://sites.google.com/site/geomedialab/exercise-1

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Croft, Jordyn J <
croft.jordyn.j at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> Hi Don,
>

> I’ve shown my students:
>

> www.canva.com
>
> https://piktochart.com/
>
> https://infogr.am/
>

> Hope that helps
>

> Jordyn Croft
>
> Technology Domain Leader
>
> Taylors Lakes Secondary College

Dr Ken Price MACS CP ACCE Professional Associate.
President, TASITE http://www.tasite.tas.edu.au