[Informatics] AJ2016 3D gallery (this is cool)

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 17:56:52 AEDT 2016

This January I am working at the tri-annual AJ2016 Jamboree with the JNN Media Unit. There are about 100 of us just in the Media Unit and over 10,000 Scouts on this site. It all runs for two weeks. The technology we are using is impressive and I am learning heaps about working in a large IT team using tools such as Trello for scheduling tasks. Our team of four call ourselves the "Nerd Patrol”.  I will try to organise a presentation about how this all works.

I have been creating and sharing ‘spacial photographs’ with an enhanced depth of view. The action can be slowed down and with the cooperation of scouts, the action can even be halted to create a frozen 3D photograph that records a moment in time (ala Bullet Time). Depending on your device, you can use your mouse on a computer to activate the Interactive view. If you are using a smart phone, just using your finger, tilting the screen or turning around can allow you to zoom and move around each of these photographs.

Basically it looks really cool (best on smart phones)

You can view my AJ2016 Jamboree gallery here: http://www.aj2016.com.au/3d-gallery <http://www.aj2016.com.au/3d-gallery>
or my full gallery here: http://fyu.se/u/rolandgesthuizen/AJ2016-gallery-L47R2Cm <http://fyu.se/u/rolandgesthuizen/AJ2016-gallery-L47R2Cm>

I would love your feedback on the website using this online form: http://www.aj2016.com.au <http://www.aj2016.com.au/> > Contact > Feedback Form

I will be adding more pictures this weekend so do come back and check it out.

Hope that the rest of you are having a  well earned break :-)

Regards Roland

—
Mater Christi College - Belgrave