[Informatics] Informatics Ice Breakers - Retail Use of Big Data

Paul Pascoe passyworld at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:44:04 AEDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Since the VCAA Session yesterday, I have started looking at some real world data analytics.

Probably keep going with U3O1 Databases atm and wait for the VCAA Session PPT and a textbook before we start of U3O2 at all.

Found these Interesting start of class ice breakers for discussion for U302.

Five Retail Uses of Big Data

http://www.crmsearch.com/retail-big-data.php
5 Retail Big Data Examples - CRMsearch.com<http://www.crmsearch.com/retail-big-data.php>
www.crmsearch.com
By Chuck Schaeffer 5 Retail Big Data Examples with Big Paybacks. Big data is delivering some big results for retailers. Macy's says that its big data program is a key ...

Interesting Slideshow about Intelligent Targeting of customers, even by using GPS data to see if they are near a store at the moment.

Amazing how much data about you a phone app might be gathering:

http://www.ibmbigdatahub.com/presentation/big-data-retail-examples-action
[http://image.slidesharecdn.com/big-data-in-retail-slideshare-130124142913-phpapp01/95/big-data-in-retail-examples-in-action-1-638.jpg?cb=1429714977]<http://www.ibmbigdatahub.com/presentation/big-data-retail-examples-action>

Big Data in Retail: Examples in Action | IBM Big Data ...<http://www.ibmbigdatahub.com/presentation/big-data-retail-examples-action>
www.ibmbigdatahub.com
Savvy retailers use big data analytics from web browsing, social media, industry forecasts, existing customer records to predict trends, prepare for demand, pinpoint ...

That's why I try to pay at shops with cash, and not get any retailer's phone apps.... don't want to be hounded with suggestions,

I am a big boy who can make up his own mind when he wants to buy something....lol

Enjoy,

Paul Pascoe

IT Multimedia Teacher

SFX Beaconsfield