[Informatics] 2015 ITA exam - A15

Vella, James jvella at mackillop.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 2 12:01:21 AEDT 2016

Just to re-iterate what John Wilkie put out this morning….

According to the 2011 -2015 study design:

Analysis involves:
• Determining the solution requirements. … What data is needed to produce the information? …  These requirements can be classified as being functional,

Design involves:

• Planning how the solution will function, and the appearance of the resulting information. The solution design typically involves identifying what specific data is required and how the data will be named, structured, validated and manipulated.

Given the question specifically states specific data requirements, I think it’s quite clear that the answer is (and should be A). This can be found in the Problem Solving Methodology section of the prior study on page 17…which should hopefully solve this conundrum.

With regards to finding out how your kids went with each of the exam questions, you can get group information about the exam from your IT/Digital Technologies Domain/Faculty leader or VASS Co-ordinator/VCE Leader. Only a quarter of our (College and State) students got it right.

Hope everyone is tracking well for this year so far.

James

[http://www.mackillopwerribee.com.au/webimages/email_sig_logo.png]

James Vella
Digital Technologies Learning Area Leader eLearning Leader
MacKillop College
Russell Street Werribee VIC 3030

T:  +61387345200
F:  +61387345261