[Informatics] An ERD challenge for you

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Aug 25 12:56:45 AEST 2016

Hi, file-comparers

Out of idle curiosity, I wondered whether the Digipubs' *Advice for
Teachers* pages
<http://www.digipubs.vic.edu.au/vcaa/vce-computing/vce-computing-introduction>
had changed since they were first uploaded .
I archived them on 16 December 2015 so I had a handy reference against
which to compare a fresh download of the files.

Results:

A minor point : the original
*vce-computing-units-3-and-4-software-dev-unit-3-learning.htm*
had been deleted. I suspect it had always been orphaned, since there is
*vce-computing-unit-3-software-dev-unit-3-learning2.htm*
which is named inconsistently ; all of the other related files start with
"vce-computing-units-*3-and-4*" but this one doesn't, so it sits awkwardly
out of place in the file list.

I did a byte-by-byte comparison between all of the archived files and the
freshly-downloaded versions (using a handy online file-comparison website
<https://www.diffchecker.com>) and found no differences in the body text,
which was reassuring.

Mark

mark at vceit.com