[Yr11 Information Technology] SoftDev pathway

Melissa Yuan myuan at fintona.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 7 22:46:01 UTC 2019

Hello Y11 Teachers,

It's been a while since I've heard much on this list but I am hoping you are all still there.

I last taught SoftDev in 2016 and at that time we used Visual Basic. In 2019 I am looking at pathway languages in Year 9 but it seems that the Visual Basic materials and support have degraded significantly, especially as Microsoft has been trying to keep pace with computer science learning with Minecraft and Makecode.

Given this, what are people using in Year 9/10 and VCE Unit 2 Programming for pathway to SoftDev?
Has the pendulum swung fully over to Python now and is there a consensus about filling the gap between Python and Unit 3&4 Study Design content on User Interfaces?

Hopefully that makes sense :)

Cheers, Mel

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4BF93.96E69AA0]

A CONSISTENTLY HIGH ACHIEVING INDEPENDENT GIRLS' SCHOOL

Melissa

Yuan

IT Teacher

phone: