[Yr11 Information Technology] GameMaker Studio 2

Melissa Yuan myuan at fintona.vic.edu.au
Mon Jul 16 07:22:44 EDT 2018

Hi,

We had a previous version – possibly 8 – and so had to re-start licensing from scratch. Now we have 1 computer lab of 20 seats with annual licence at USD$30 per seat (it went up from USD$20 when I did the budget!). I use this for a unit with 3 classes of Y8s and it’s an option for Y9 coding elective.

From using GameMaker Studio 2 with Y9 Coding elective in first semester, it is not as accessible as the older version. And more of the tutorials are YouTube rather than the printed books and PDFs. In hindsight I think the old version is probably better for Y8. GM Studio is of course more powerful and offers install, web and other licensing options plus has a far more ‘advanced’ UI.

My $0.02.

Cheers, Mel

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D41D4B.22536370]

A CONSISTENTLY HIGH ACHIEVING INDEPENDENT GIRLS' SCHOOL

Melissa

Yuan

IT Teacher

phone: