[Yr11 Information Technology] OT - Digital Technologies and STEAM

Rattan, Kushum L rattan.kushum.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue May 10 11:00:17 AEST 2016

We have a semester of Technology over Year 7 and 8. Which means I get one semester of Compulsory Year 8 ICT which I will teach as Digital Technologies next year. As for ICT it is the discretion of other KLAs as what they want to integrate into their KLA. I know Maths has Coding component. One semester means I get to see the Y8s for 2x72 min periods over 10 days. May go to 3 next year I am hoping

At year 9 and 10 ICT is elective. I will turn them into Digital Technologies at year 9 and year 10. This will create a pathway into VCE Computing and VET Interactive Digital Media.
Hope this is helpful.

Kushum Rattan
ICT Curriculum Area Leader
VET Co-ordinator