[Yr11 Information Technology] OT - Digital Technologies and STEAM

Kyriakou, Stacey D kyriakou.stacey.d at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon May 9 12:05:05 AEST 2016

Hi all

I have a couple of off topic questions that I would be extremely grateful if anyone is able to help me out on:

1. Does anyone have any examples of term/semester/yearly plans on teaching the new Digital Technologies curriculum as its own subject in Year 7 and 8. Also, if anyone can give me an idea on how many lessons a week and for how long your school will be allocating to the subject that would also be helpful. We are in the process of trying to allocate this into our current timetables for year 7 and 8 and I need to show some justification on how much I am asking for.

2. Are there any schools out there that are integrating and have introduced STEAM into the curriculum that would be willing to have a couple of visitors from my school to get some ideas and resources?

Thank you in advance for any assistance any of you would be able to provide.

Thanks and regards
Stacey Kyriakou
Head of EAL/IT Teacher
Blue House Leader
Footscray City College
1 Kinnear Street | Footscray | 3011
(T) +61 3 8371 3419 | (F) +61 3 8387 1599
www.footscray.vic.edu.au<http://www.footscray.vic.edu.au/>
kyriakou.stacey.d at edumail.vic.gov.au<mailto:kyriakou.stacey.d at edumail.vic.gov.au>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CCA6A0.D03D7AD0]