[Yr11 Information Technology] Pacing

Barnard, Laureen O barnard.laureen.o at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 7 17:55:52 EST 2013

Okay guys and gals - a query for the wise and experienced amongst usŠ

I am teaching VCE IT for the first time (went on exchange and taught Grade
11 and 12 Computer Science in Canada 2 years ago though). I am the only
one in my school with any IT teaching (and industry) experience and we are
a rural school so finding a mentor is a challenge LOL

My query - The amount of content (using the text as my main guide) doesn't
seem to fill the initial schedule I had mapped out. Is there anyone who
has run Unit 1 & 2 IT successfully before who would be prepared to share
their unit timings? It would really help those of us who don't have a
"feel" for it yet.

Cheers,
Laureen

Laureen Barnard
Leading Teacher ­ eLearning & Transition
Year 7 Co-ordinator
Snowsports Co-ordinator
Maths, Science, eScape, IT

Beechworth Secondary College
Phone 03 5728 1264
Fax       03 5728 2530

http://www.bworthsc.vic.edu.au <http://www.bworthsc.vic.edu.au/>

          Connecting Communities, Widening Worlds Š