[Yr11 Information Technology] [Oz-teachers] NCSS Challenge 2013 begins August 5th

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 20:13:05 EST 2013

We now have 37 kids enrolled at our school.  Getting excited as we count down and hoping that more of you can join us. I'll be giving it a tryout too.

If i can share a secret, it isn't some kind of evil puzzle for code nerds but a gradual learning journey with many, many, many guides on the side. Read the questions, make use of all the online resources, especially discuss problems on the forums and talk about challenges afterwards as a class. We learned about persistence, reflection and especially the power of computational thinking.

On the Monday 5 August launch (9pm Melbourne time) we will be running another ACCELN Hangout, talking live with some of the Grok Learning staff who are working hard to make this magic happen: Join us
	http://acceln.wikispaces.com

Regards Roland

PS: If you tune in on Monday 29 July you can hear about plans for the ACEC2014 conference as they have launched their cool new website http://acec2014.acce.edu.au/

Roland Gesthuizen | eLearning Leader
Keysborough College DEECD
http://about.me/rgesthuizen

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead