[Yr11 Information Technology] Unit 2 - Outcome 2

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:59:23 EST 2012

I am going to run with Python again but hey, I am a kind of guy who enjoys
tinkering and thinking at the edge. It is the same language used by friends
at Google, NASA and CSIRO. Free and runs on just about any platform you can
throw at it, even on the OLPC laptops. Most Uni's teach Python and there is
a good support group in Melbourne. There are some good reasons why it is a
good first teaching language. I went to a day workshop at ISTE2008 that
covered this that you can pick up the thread here:
     http://www.stanford.edu/~pgbovine/python-teaching.htm

I have a good collection of Diigo resources you can poke around with here:
     http://www.diigo.com/user/rgesthuizen/python

Regards Roland

On 22 March 2012 14:57, Litsa Tzelepis <htzelepis at msj.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> **
> Hello.
>
> I know this is a bit early, but what programming language are people
> thinking of using for U2-O2?
>
> We haven't taught this in our school for a while. Before I ask IT to make
> a purchase of some sort, I thought to ask.
>
> Thank-you in advance for any ideas.
>
> Litsa :-)
>
> ---
> Litsa Tzelepis
> Mount St. Joseph Girl's College
> htzelepis at msj.vic.edu.au
> P:8398 2000 | F:9398 3498
>
> This Email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the
> intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this
> email. If received in error, please notify the sender and Mount St. Joseph
> Girls' College immediately and delete the Email and all copies. Mount St.
> Joseph Girls' College does not guarantee that this email is virus or error
> free. The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis
> that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or
> consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached
> files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content
> and opinions in this Email are not necessarily those of Mount St. Joseph
> Girls' College. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
> Teachers Association Inc

*Roland Gesthuizen* | eLearning Leader
Keysborough College
Acacia Campus | T +61 3 9798 1877
www.keysboroughsc.vic.edu.au

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead