[Yr11 Information Technology] unit 2

John Schwartz jschwartz at parade.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 23 15:57:37 EST 2012

I basically do this too

John

From: Michael Torsello [mailto:mtorsello at sfx.vic.edu.au]
Sent: Thursday, 23 February 2012 8:43 AM
To: Year 11 Information Technology Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Yr11 Information Technology] unit 2

Assessing the division of labour is always a complicated matter.

I split the assessment rubric into Group assessment and individual
assessment.

The group assessment is assessed on the finished product and is the same
grade for each member of the group

Then I look at individual contributions- journals, plans or designs,
evaluation reports etc. This grade is individualised for each students.

The weighting of the two parts depends a lot on the task.

With thanks,

Michael Torsello

Director of Innovation (eLearning)

PO Box 85, Beaconsfield, VIC 3807