[Yr11 Information Technology] PUBLIC EVENT: MEDIA VS PIRACY: THE CURRENT STATE OF PLAY

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Thu Feb 16 17:32:26 EST 2012

MEDIA VS PIRACY: THE CURRENT STATE OF PLAY

The way we interact and consume media over the past ten years has rapidly changed. iPads, Kindles, eBooks, and mobile computing has opened up the gateways of interactivity, and many industries are affected by piracy, more commonly the music and
entertainment industry. Surrounding the recent arrest of Kim Dotcom, founder of Megaupload, and the US governments proposed “Stop Online Piracy Act” (SOPA) and “Piracy IP Act” (PIPA), this public seminar will look at the current state of play: media vs  piracy.

We welcome you to attend and hear from our panel of experts.

SEMINAR DETAILS
Wednesday 21 March
6.00pm - 8.00pm
Swinburne Hawthorn campus