[Yr11 Information Technology] Swinburne's 2012 School Support Programs

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Tue Feb 14 16:46:07 EST 2012

Hello all,

Happy New Year! I hope you have all settled back in after a well-deserved holiday.

We're very busy getting things ready for 2012, our brochure has been printed and will be sent to our IT teacher and careers adviser database shortly and our website is getting a much needed revamp.

This year will see a few of our past programs return such as VCE IT Applications days, VCE Software Development days and Higher Achievers days as well as some new comers such as IT in Business days (with a focus on the IT Apps curriculum), a Bachelor of IT scholarship program information session and of course we will be running our popular Girls in IT days again this year.

On top of that we will be introducing custom days for you. You tell us the topic and the time you want to spend on-campus and we will work hard to put together a day for you. Our custom days are for years 9 to 12.

We will also be running our Exam Preparation sessions in October and if you prefer us to come to your school, we would be happy to visit.

If you teach year 9 and 10 IT, we would like to visit your school to raise awareness of courses and careers in ICT and encourage students to choose ICT at VCE level. If you would like us to speak to your year 9 and 10 levels, please email me.

As soon as our revamped website is up and running, I will send out a message to let you know how to book our sessions and school visits.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or requests, please email me.

We look forward to seeing you this year!

Regards,

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach Officer
Swinburne University of Technology