[Yr11 Information Technology] Parking Fines at VITTA Conference

Howard, David dhoward at stmichaels.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 6 20:04:05 EST 2012

Sorry to hear that Alex. I parked on the western side of the race track without a problem.

Regards

David

Sent from my iPhone

On 06/08/2012, at 7:42 PM, "Alexakos, Zach Z" <alexakos.zach.z at edumail.vic.gov.au<mailto:alexakos.zach.z at edumail.vic.gov.au>> wrote:

Hi all,

Apologies for the cross posts.

Sorry to put a damper on things after a great day at the conference, however a number of teachers, including yours truly, received parking fines whilst parking our cars in Car Park Area 21, which is directly opposite the Caulfield Railway Station.

I have parked here in previous years without problems.  There was no signage to indicate that this car park belongs to Monash University. In fact the sign states "Property of Caulfield Racecourse"!!!  Also there is no ticket machine in the car park, it is on the street well away from the Gate 21 entrance.

I am thinking if we can collect a long list of names we can approach Monash University about it to present our case.

I have notified VITTA about it as well.

If you are going to the conference tomorrow- Don't Park in the car park with Gate 21 signage!!

Kind Regards,
Zach Alexakos