[Yr11 Information Technology] blind student in VCE IT class

31Graham Marshall graham951 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 12:07:31 EST 2011

Have been through this before.

Your School can apply for a talking PC that talks to the student when documents where typed or read.

You can set work under the criteria set as long as the school notifies the examin board that the student is sight impaired. Need to establish the degree of blindness??

I used to set work for my student and he would just let the computer do the rest. I had the student do all set tasks in IT. Those that he he physically could not do we set an oral test with me and an independent teacher. He would be marked against the set criteria that I provided and had to address each one.

Regards,

ex. Bayswater SC.

Graham Marshall