[Yr11 Information Technology] book

Travis Parker Travis.Parker at beaconhills.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 9 17:35:15 EST 2011

I do quite a bit of theory, and whilst covering all of the book I tend to place a lot more emphasis on topics that will be continuing in IT Apps and SD. An exam style test at the end of each outcome is good, and I often throw in past year 12 exam questions (At the moment from IT Apps as U1O1 is now similar in some aspects to what was U3O1 - Not sure if it still is as I have no IT Apps this year?) which gets the students used to the format and style. Some multi choice and "screen dump" interpretation q's from spreadsheets in past IT Apps exams are what I will be using for Unit 1 AOS 1, and even be some design elements q's.

I find that it's easy to give them the knowledge, but to have them comprehend what an examiner is asking and making sure they answer a question in full (i.e. One sentence question asking 2 things) has been some things that have to be continually drilled in (And they are still getting some wrong come exam time!).

....saying that, they do tend to ask "If this is IT why aren't we on the computers"!!!!

my 2c

Trav