[Yr11 Information Technology] Off Topic: VITTA conference 2009

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 26 14:47:39 EST 2009

Hi everyone (and apologies for the cross posts)!

Firstly, thank-you Martin for your kind words!  I hope that many of you had
a similar experience to that of Martin!

The VITTA Conference (I feel) has established itself as the most important
event on most of your calendars - and I thank you all for your attendance
and participation!  I would like to publically give some thanks to those
that made it possible.  We had many visitors from interstate and beyond -
which is always great to see!

A large conference like this requires a lot of work (much of which takes
place in the background).  Renee Hoareau (VITTA Executive Officer), Bridie
Mackay (Senior Project Officer) and Mia Solomon (Project Officer) have all
played significant roles in the organization of this event - and have had
many long nights especially in the week prior.  I would also like to
recognize the tireless efforts of those in the VITTA Office: Jo McLeay
(Project Officer), Mark Richardson (PD Coordinator), Debbie Cheswas (Office
Administrator) and Judy Thompson (VITTA Accountant).  VITTA retained the
services of CLEMS to assist with the organization of this year's conference
- thank you very much to Sue Gillard for your efforts.

We were very fortunate to have the support of key sponsors, partners and
exhibitors for the conference.  I will not mention their names again, as
they have already been thanked during the conference on numerous occasions -
however it is worth mentioning that without the support of these
organizations, an event like the VITTA Conference could not take place.

Thank you to all the members of the VITTA Committee and especially those on
the Conference Committee for all of your hard work!

I hope that you all had a great conference!  We really do try our hardest to
make the program as broad and interesting as we can.  Flemington is a great
venue and certainly one that feels quite 'comfortable' for VITTA!  The
Grandstand makes all the sessions and the expo very central - and the views
are great as well!

The Conference dinner on the Tuesday evening was fabulous and attended by
150 or so.

The Conference was also our first 'official' launching of the AiDLT
branding.  If you want to know more: click here!  http://www.aidlt.org.au/
The site is in its infancy, but we are excited about taking VITTA to the
next level!

Thanks once again to all of you who attended - I hope to see you all next
year!

Cheers,

 Adrian Janson

VITTA President