[Yr11 Information Technology] Interactive concept maps - apologies to our techs!

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Mon Jan 7 13:05:20 EST 2008

This an ureserved apology to the techs at our college. They have
had a pretty big workload at the end of the year without my
non-standard requests and by and large have tackled a pile of
problems with good humour and expertise. My real gripe should be
with Deep Freeze, not my colleagues.

Laurie

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 11:31:39AM +1100, Laurie Savage mentioned:
> Wow, that is pretty impressive Roland! But we're obviously not
> looking at an ordinary 7th grader - Robert Frost's poetry at the
> age of 12! Any idea where the kid is from?
>
> I'm interested in playing with idea of a CMap server. Our techs
> have made a dog's breakfast of installing CMap Tools on the
> windows network. Deep Freeze insists on locking down the
> Documents and Settings folder so each time the machines are
> restarted CMap and Open Office try to perform an initial setup;
> it gets boring very quickly, and is not a great way to try to promote the software.
>
> Can you give me a run down on how you set up the server and the
> client setup on your network?
>
> Laurie
>
> BTW: When/where is the Moodle install fest, I'd love to roll
> around and help/get in the way!
>
> --
> Laurie Savage

Laurie Savage