[Yr11 Information Technology] Loading UBUNTU.....Kent

David Dawson David.Dawson at wesleycollege.net
Wed Aug 27 14:53:23 EST 2008

And install webmin and admin the thing remotely :)
Too many ramifications in many institutions though.

David Dawson
Head of Information Technology Learning Area
Head of Learning Technologies
St Kilda Rd Campus
Wesley College
577 St Kilda Rd
Melbourne 3004
Ph 8102 6340
Mob 0425 718147

>>> pdbrown at gmail.com 08/27/08 1:09 pm >>>
Now your talking Laurie!

Phil
Wellington SC

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Laurie Savage <sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au>
wrote:

> Great! Now you've set up an Ubuntu server you can fill in a form and
ask
> the
> IT people to open it up to the WWW! apt-get install moodle drupal
postfix
> mysql php5 etc. Then - and this is fun - go to the Cmap Tools web
site,
> download their server software and set up a college-wide concept
mapping
> server for collaborative planning by teachers and students. Enable
ftp and
> ssh and you've got a live web server your kids can manage. The sky's
the
> limit!
>

> Laurie

Victorian