[vet-it] Planning materials for Cert3-NetAdmin stream..

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jan 6 15:20:17 EST 2010

Hi folks,
I am teaching the Cert3 - Net Admin stream this yr for the first time having done the CII last year. Attached is a rough draft of the training plan so far with dates and a few other tuning bits to still be added.
(acknowledgement is given to VOTES-Bendigo, my auspicer here for the training plan template).

My plan is to follow the 'program 2' straight from the VCAA web site as you will notice by the subject selection.
My question is this if I may..
1. Which VET exam from the VCAA site is the one I can use as a reference for exam prep?
2. In terms of work performance, work project, product and portfolio - how have you teachers planned for them and typically, what types of tasks have you used. I am establishing a link with a local business here for potential SWL and am wondering how I can work that 'into' this whole overall scheme of things.

It seems to me that the CIII is more than just completing each unit as I did with the CII given now I have to allow for the points in '2' above.

Anyone care to share with me how they planned and taught the course please? Any materials you'd care to share would be great! I already have a couple of handy websites for resources(see the 3 listed links below) and am mainly after teaching materials where possible.
http://tpu.bluemountains.net/
http://www.tpatwork.com/FactSheets.asp
http://trainingo2.net/to2.2/index.php

I am running with Barnes 6th edn workbook and the students(3) have it booklisted to buy for this year.  Am also endeavoring to work with the network techie wherever possible for student work.

contact me either via this list or directly on my email below. (it may be off the air in the next few days as we are due to install some new servers when they are delivered).
Alternative email if thats the case is:
kent.beveridge at bigpond.com

I am happy to boast that in my first attempt all 15 of the learners passed the Cert 2 last year. Its just a shame only 3 went on to choose the Cert 3 this year...

Now..about the Cert 2:
I have a bunch of kids in 2010 who are really 'web aware' and clued up on programming..any suggestions on unit selection for them for the cert 2 to 'tailor' the course for them? Got some ideas of my own but would be open to other perspectives too.

Any assistance is appreciated for either or both of the Cert3 or Cert2 questions posed...

Kent.

Kent Beveridge, St. Brigids CSC, Horsham. Ph (03) 5382 3545 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ email: kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au "This email and any attachments may be confidential. You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies. The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."