[vet-it] need task examples

Dan BUTLER bl at cranbournesc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jan 22 11:31:00 EST 2009

Hi Andrew and all.

I'm teaching VET IT 1 - 4 and Cert III at the same time, for the first
time so I'm not 100% sure of things but here goes some advice from a
novice.

What text resources are you using?  We are going with IT Fundamentals and
IT Essentials from Tertiary Press as the text book.  Another resource is
the Cert 2 complete package (2 volumes) by Price and Wix from Software
publications.  This seems pretty useful.  It covers the eight core modules
from Cert 2 well, from my limited experience.  I imagine they have
something similar for Cert 3.

The CD seems well worth the money.

Have you got a mixture of Cert II and Cert III kids in the same class?
Sound tough if you have.  We are just starting so our Yr 11's will do what
they can and if they don't continue in Yr 12, they'll get the Cert II.
Those who continue next year will just get the Cert III.

I've attached my course overview for the two years, an outline how I'm
grouping the modules for the first year (VET Units 1 & 2) and a partially
completed weekly overview (same file, separate worksheet) - need to get
this finished soonish.

Hope this helps.  If anyone has any comments on this, they would be
appreciated.  Not sure if I'm heading down the right track or not - I
think I am.

Good luck

Dan