[vet-it] Cert III units

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Wed Dec 10 14:39:53 EST 2008

Thanks Dan, could open this one!

Question... The RPL in the columns you noted, are these students coming in having done the Cert II and thus being credited for RPL via this? Do you have 'evidence' for this (purely in case of an audit).
Are you, or have you considered, linking with local industry for students doing your course?

I have one student who, depending on time and timetabling, may attempt the whole box and dice in one year (he is capable, just time will be the issue as I see it).

Have you considered about the timeline for your delivery of the course or session plans for each unit?  I will be developing mine over the chrissy break. Will give initial priority to the core units delivery and session plans so at least the first 1-2 months classes are ready for when we start. Will then look at the elective units depending on the student skills and interests (and, needless to say...mine too!).

Have you downloaded the ICA05 package from the NTIS site? If not, its a recommended idea.(I did!)

Anyone else out there in Cert II & III land care to share plans or ideas or resources?  I dont just mean those who have published books to sell either. These lists are about sharing and not about flogging our own sales pitches....
In short have you got stuff you used, it worked and you could share it!!?

And yes, I too am on a fishing expedition here on this list.

KB.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ <http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/>
Horsham Ph (03) 5382 3545
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Hear about the bloke who struggled and fell?  At least he gave it a go!!
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."