[vet-it] VET IT course and ENTER score

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 12 10:33:38 EST 2006

Hi Colin,

 I think you are double counting here.
In the past when VET eg. IT was not scored it was a flat 10% of the average of your top four subjects.
When it became scored assessment, it became like any other scored subject - either a top four or a 10% bonus as 5th or 6th.

 There is an exception ( of sorts ) with VET Cisco CCNA where for each of the 2 years of the program a 10% bonus is given along with a Unit 3-4 sequence credit towards the VCE. So, a student completes:
    1. Cisco CCNA semesters 1 and 2 -- reward is a VCE 3-4 sequence satisfactory completed PLUS 10 % bonus on the ENTER
    2. Cisco CCNA semesters 3 and 4 -- reward is another VCE 3-4 sequence satisfactory completed PLUS another 10 % bonus on the ENTER

 As Cisco is not scored assessment, it can't be a top four subject for the ENTER.

 Hope that helps

Kevork

>>> white.colin.j at edumail.vic.gov.au 10/12/06 10:54am >>>
Hi all,

Im looking for any official documentation of information I believe I was
given at a PD on VET courses.

It relates to the ENTER score for VET subjects that are recognised as a Unit
3-4 sequence (as is VET IT).

My understanding was it can count as one of the Primary four subjects toward
the ENTER score AND that you get a 10% bonus of the average of these four
primary subjects for completion of the VET subject.

If it is not one of your primary four subjects you get 10% of its result as
a fifth (or sixth subject) AND you still get the 10% of the average of the
primary four subjects.

Am I understanding the ruling correctly or is this a misunderstanding?

Important -
This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education & Training..