[vet-it] Offering Cert III in Network Administration at CAE in 2007

Peter Bray PETERB at cae.edu.au
Tue Aug 8 10:40:45 EST 2006

CAE (Centre for Adult Education) in Melbourne is considering offering
the Cert III in IT (Network Administration) in 2007. The class would be
offered in the evening as one class per week for 3 - 3.5 hrs, possibly
Mondays or Wednesdays, starting at 5.45pm.

To this end I am seeking information on the following

1.	Would anyone know of a suitably qualified teacher who may be
interested in taking the class?

2.	What classroom resources would be needed to conduct such a
certificate? We currently run VCE Info. Systems, IPM, Yr 11 IT & Cert.
II in IT and have a suite of 9 IT labs which we use for both accredited
and short courses.
	I understand that access to a network is required - for example
does this mean that students have to log on to a server and set up as
users or can this requirement be meet via external websites?

3.	I note from the list of providers that schools delivering this
cert are mainly regionally based.  The market we would be targeting are
adult males and metropolitan schools where this certificate is not
available or for which there is a timetable clash - we currently have
around 120 students from metropolitan schools doing single VCE subjects
at CAE each year.

Could those of you teaching IT, particularly Cert II in IT, provide
feedback on the potential demand from either schools or other any other
sources for the Cert III in Networks delivered in the evening in central
City location?

Any relevant feedback on our proposed delivery would be welcome. (I am
aware that the Certs in IT are currently undergoing re-accreditation and
that a requirement for prerequisite core modules from Cert II in IT is
under discussion at VCAA)

with thanks

Peter

ext 718

Peter Bray

Centre Manager

VCE & Tertiary Pathways

(P) 03 9652 0718

(F) 03 9652 0793

(E) peterb at cae.edu.au

New experiences. New opportunities.
www.cae.edu.au

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIROMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL

NOTICE – this message (and any attachments) may contain privileged and confidential information intended for the use only of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in relation to the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at the above address and delete all copies of the message.

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses.