[vet-it] Making VET fun

john edwards john.edwards at gippslandgs.vic.edu.au
Mon Sep 12 13:07:36 EST 2005

Hi All,

I was taken back a little by a couple of my Unit 1/2 VET students who said the course I was delivery was boring. Normally, this would not worry me but I had tried hard to make the course interesting.

We are doing the Software stream and have used a variety of software including publisher and frontpage, we've done some HTML. I have seven old computers that the students have pulled apart and rebuilt (groups of 3 to 4)which was new to many students. They have formatted hdd's, installed operating systems, installed virus protection software and found problems with the machines. We have performed general maintenance on a variety of peripheral devices.

Can anyone suggest any other activities that the VET students might really enjoy or excursions that they have found valuable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

John Edwards
Gippsland Grammar
Sale