[vet-it] New Training Package

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 3 12:07:36 EST 2005

Hi Andrew,

 I am actually presenting a session on VET IT Cert III at the VITTA conference coming up and I am assured by the VCAA that the new training package will not be introduced into schools before 2007.

   ICA99 Training Package has been re-developed and will be known as ICA05 Information and Communications Technology Training Package
   The Training Package is very close to final release. It has been endorsed by the National Training Quality Council (NTQC) pending sign off from Ministers and was due to be released by the end of October 2005.
   However,  the VCE VET program is status quo for 2006 * the redevelopment of the VCE VET program will occur next year for implementation from 2007
   I will try to download it to see what it looks like. BTW, did you buy it or download it. If the latter, can you point me to the URL at all , as I have only seen order forms for it so far.

Best Wishes

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> piper.andrew.j at edumail.vic.gov.au 11/03/05 11:08am >>>

Hi all.  Just wondering if anyone knows about how the new training package
ICA05 is going to be split into Units ½ and ¾.  I have downloaded the new
training package (still to be finalised as far as I know) and have looked at
the new units and electives, but not sure how they will be split by the
VCAA.  Would I be correct in assuming that the core units (6 in total) will
be the Unit ¾ units as they are common to all 3 streams and the other units
and electives will be the Units ½ ????

I am quite impressed with the new training package and I think it allows for
more freedom in electives and diversity.

Any feedback would be appreciated..

Andrew J Piper

   Tyrrell College

PO Box 231