[vet-it] Exam reply

Riehm, Tracey L riehm.tracey.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Nov 1 13:48:40 EST 2005

Regarding Multiple Choice Questions
Question 3
My interpretation of the Essentials of IT book is that online
documentation does not just mean internet - it includes wizards etc as
well, it just means on computer.
I see 'word processing' as a program for documents that will be printed,
so I headed towards A & B. Documentation is not necessarily a tutorial,
so I guessed A - help files, but it's probably B because it would be
similar to a wizard.
When reading this question, I did think it was a bit nasty/tricky - you
need to agree with the examiner's definition of online documentation &
its purpose.

Question 13
I agree with Graeme that the preferred option is to save locally,
however I hope like mad that the majority of the population have the
sense not to reboot the computer first, so they should choose between B
& C and since we're told it wasn't saved, the answer must be B. We
should be encouraging our students to learn & demonstrate BEST PRACTICE.

Question 18
I chose the PDA because all the others also require a computer or laptop
in order to save/retrieve data. There is no mention of the sales team
having any of this, so I presumed they didn't have it. The PDA is the
only one that can be used on its own. I always worry when I make
presumptions though...

Section B
Question 19
I did not like this at all - as Graeme said, most students just 'know
it' from general life, but we did not discuss it in class as such. Which
module descriptor does it match up to? Provide Advice to Clients? The
terminology used & specific questions relating to it (What does shaped
mean/Why not Rapid Transfer Setup) does not appear anywhere in the
course advice etc that I have seen - how are we supposed to know what
may appear on the exam? Do we need to know ALL new/emerging technology
terminology & uses? We would spend all year just doing that & nothing
else!?

Admittedly, I missed this year's VITTA Exam prep day (didn't know when
it was on - don't know what happened to the flyers), but the examiners
don't go either - we're all just making educated guesses...

Tracey
_____
Tracey Riehm
Timboon P-12 School