[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] Invitation from Engineers Australia, Victoria Division to Systems Engineering teachers

Tran, Lorraine I tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Jul 5 17:38:56 EST 2010

Sent on behalf of Engineers Australia, Victoria Division

Engineers Australia invites you to attend the next series of
School-Industry Partnerships, 'Developing Successful

School-Industry Partnerships' forum.

This forum is inspired to build a common understanding among industry,
education and career professionals to work

towards assembling programs to increase the awareness of engineering
within schools. Engineers Australia are

strong advocates in promoting engineering through schools, and with this
forum the aim is to maintain our

involvement and support of the various initiatives.

These series are designed to provide a link between the engineering
industry and education in developing and

maintaining strong partnerships. Our aim is to assist in the development
of these partnerships.

Program

* Welcome - Mr David Eltringham FIEAust CPEng, State President,
Engineers Australia, Victoria Division

* New Developments in School-Industry Partnerships, Department of
Education, Employment & Workplace

Relations

* Engineering @ Schools program, Peter Koulos, Associate Director,
Norman Disney & Young & Georgene

Bridgeman, CEO, Akorn Educational Services

* How Industry can support the new Maths and Science Centres

- Heidelberg Physical Science Centre, Soula Bennet, Director, Victorian
Centre for Physical Sciences

- Science and Technology Innovations Centre, Suzanne Clarke, Manager,
Ecolinc Science and Technology

Innovations Centre