[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] RE: Circuit wizard Art work print-out.

Muscat, Laurie J Muscat.Laurie.J at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri May 23 13:20:19 EST 2008

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:33:33 +1000
From: Robert Minato <rminato at ccw.vic.edu.au>
        Wizard  Art work print-out
To: "syseng at edulists.com.au" <syseng at edulists.com.au>

Laurie

Have you tried the photo resist method. Students print out their image to a
transparency sheet, expose under uv light, develop and etch. I'm not sure
what resources you currently use with the toner transfer, but you would need
a uv light box, photo resist board, developer etc that would add up to some
$ needing to be spent in not available.

We use that method for some of our projects with great success. Beats the
pen method.

Rob
--
Robert Minato
Technology Domain Leader

On 21/5/08 2:38 PM, "Muscat, Laurie J" <Muscat.Laurie.J at edumail.vic.gov.au>
wrote:

> G'day.
>
> I am trying to print out via 'Circuit Wizard' software, single sided PCB
> artwork to a Laser printer (HP LaserJet P3005N) . This is printed out onto
> Special 'Toner Transfer System' (TTS) paper ($$$), and then using a special
> 'fuser' (like a laminator) this artwork is transferred onto PCB then etched.
>
> My problem is that the artwork is lifting off when I soak the paper off after
> the laminating process. I have called up the TTS supplier, and he said it's
> common with printers using non-OEM cartridges.
>
> I have since found out we *do* use OEM laser printer cartridges, and have
> additionally changed the resolution to as high as we can on the printer. There
> is still no difference.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas, in regards to a better Laser
> printer (I have even tried to export the artwork image to Photoshop, and then
> 'blacken' the artwork further - but Circuit Wizard does not allow artwork to
> be saved as an image file...grrrr!) or a better way to do it.
>
> My Systems punters are itching to create PCB's for their outcomes!
>
> Any help gratefully accepted - or I chuck the whole lot out!
>
> Cheers
>
> Laurie Muscat.

G'day Rob.

No I have not tried that method, I went with the Toner Transfer method as it was relatively cheap (~$500). I basically have setup the course from scratch this year...

I have very little $$$, in fact I am in the red already this year...*sigh*.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Laurie Muscat.
IT Teacher
Bellarine Secondary College.