[Year 12 SofDev] sofdev Digest, Vol 156, Issue 1: Farewell (Mark)

Bass, Gary S bass.gary.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed May 2 17:48:44 EDT 2018

-Cross posts inevitable-

Greetings Mark

Best wishes for your future endeavours.
Your contribution has been valued and extremely valuable over many(many!) years.
The gruff, caustic exterior cleverly disguised a passionate educator who gave limitless time energy and effort to pursue and promote the development of IT in Victorian schools.

The ‘early days’ are so far away now..1984! With Apple][+ , microbee, BBC-micro vying for development with any teacher with an understanding of how students learn. telling is not teaching, listening is not learning is an early comment which still applies with online video lecture placing teacher even more distant from their teachers.

The ‘next one’ in 2020 jus won’t be the same!
Good luck with the next chapter.
As this one closes, you can be sure you have made a difference!
thanks for the fish!
Regards
Gary
DECV IT
Mag-Net:online Association of STEM Educators

Sent from an iPad PRO