[Year 12 SofDev] practice exams

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Thu Sep 22 17:31:22 AEST 2016

hi all
I am enjoying my break from classes unlike some of my students who are actually practising for the exams (not all)
While I was outside fencing (no I was not counting cows correctly OR accurately just bloddy rabbits and rabbit holes and ant nests) i was thinking about work things.

In teh Janson practice exam 1 there is
c 11 a   What is boundary value analysis

I deduce that it is testing  just outside the boundary and if < then on teh boundary and if <= then one above the boundary?

I went looking through the study design last night and the term Boundary value is not explicitly mentioned (as far as I found …. )
of course my better students complained that I had not taught them about it

that led me to think about test table values - how precisely on teh boundary do they need to be in the exam?
when is close enough good enough? etc…

Any advice?

Andrew

Andrew Shortell