[Year 12 SofDev] VCAA Sample Exam assistance requried!

Mel Yuan melyuan at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:41:24 AEDT 2016

Hi, some ideas.

Question 13 (4 marks)
Once all the new elements of the PIMS software have been tested, Kirsten must test the usability of the entire solution.

Using the prompts given below, briefly describe a plan for a usability test for the application that will be installed on the mobile phones.

Purpose - The purpose of the usability test would be to assess the effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction of he Parking Officers with the mobile phone application. A secondary goal would be to assess the usability of the Operational Statistics web portal used by the City Engineer/s.

Location - The test would take place on the streets in the City of Bigton in order the examine the use of the application in real-world situations including conditions like weather, on-street connectivity, day/night lighting, etc. Testing the web portal would take place at council offices.

Equipment functionality - A prototype environment would be set-up in a designated street including parking bays, the car detection unit (CDU), the server-side application/s and the client-side application loaded onto a mobile phone. A test set of cars and scenarios would be provided.

Users - Users would be chosen that represent a cross-section of Parking Officers to represent a representative sample based on their experience in the role, experience with technology and taking into consideration any relevant sub-groups, such as those with differing abilities.

Cheers, Mel