[Year 12 SofDev] SAT Project Proposal

Esther Andrews ANDREWS.Esther at BSSC.EDU.AU
Fri Mar 4 16:51:36 AEDT 2016

Hi All,
I put together a SAT Project Proposal Sheet and meant to post this for the list two weeks ago. Sorry.
(At least I can say that it has been thoroughly tested now before implementation!)
It has been a struggle to get my students to choose a topic. I still have 1/3 with no idea.

In case you need some extra suggestions, here are ideas we (staff and students or from PD days) have come up with so far:

·         A mother who runs a café and shoves all her receipts into a drawer and then has to process them all for her BAS

·         A roster for navy cadets

·         A mother who runs Family Day Care and needs to track the hours and charge for each child

·         Basketball competition stats recorder – to output a ladder in a format to be uploaded into the website

·         Music collection (yours or a friend's)

·         Friendship circle

·         Something to help Student Council organise events

·         Small business customers or sales

·         Personal/Family Inventory e.g. hobbies, clothing (even theatre costumes), household possessions (eg for insurance), family share portfolio, heirlooms (items that have belonged to ancestors)

·         Business Inventory (plant nursery, used car yard, craft supplies)

·         Farm machinery maintenance (or School’s computer hardware…)

·         Sports teams or athletes (your own, the school teams, etc)

·         Golf handicap system

·         Address book for family or friends

·         Crop planting records

·         Budgie breeding (or any other animal)
I hope this is of some help. I hate to see students floundering so early in the year (which some of mine are still!).

Regards,
Esther.