[Year 12 SofDev] Language options 2016

Travis Parker Travis.Parker at knox.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 23 14:29:30 AEDT 2016

Hi All,

I have a quick query that's never come up in the past few years - I generally teach VB (Yes, I'm a basic programmer!) and I have a student who loves using C#. I have asked him to make both the VB programs in class that we are making as a class and then recreate the same functionality using C#, which he has been doing at home and bringing to me.

My question is are you allowed to still grade (And more importantly, rank) students using different programming languages within the same cohort? As they need to find a solution to their identified need or opportunity in the SAT I'm assuming they may be able to use any language they please? Or will this give some an unfair advantage/disadvantage?

What are people's thoughts (Or the rules even!) governing the use of multiple languages within the one group. Possible or not?

Thanking you in advance for your valued input,

Trav

Travis Parker
Timetabler
The Knox School
A co-educational, independent school with a global perspective
PRE-PREP TO YEAR 12
220 Burwood Highway
Wantirna South VIC 3152
Phone: +61 3 8805 3800
Fax: +61 3 9800 3671
Website: www,knox.vic.edu.au<http://www.knox.vic.edu.au/>
CRICOS Provider NO: 00151G ABN: 16 095 158 222

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any related attachments are confidential and should only be read by those persons to whom they were addressed.
They may contain copyright, personal or legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, any use of this information is strictly prohibited and it must be deleted from your system.
Views expressed in this message are the views of the sender and are not necessarily views of The Knox School, except where the message expressly states otherwise.
Any advice contained herein should be treated as preliminary advice only and subject to formal written confirmation. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or any other defect which may cause damage or loss, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus-free.
The Knox School accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may occur as a result of the transmission of this email or its attachments to the recipient.

Please think of the environment before printing this email.