[Year 12 SofDev] Solutions to VCAA Sof Dev 2015 exam is available on

Matheson, Geoff J matheson.geoff.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Nov 15 22:28:00 AEDT 2015

Thanks so much for putting these together: it’s much braver and more effort to do that than to pick fights with a few answers like I’m about to have a go at. Thanks for the contribution!

Multiple Choice
Q11. A trojan is defined by being hidden in something else (desirable to the user), so A is the only option.
Q17. – Time, resources and people are the things we manage in projects, so B (but a horrendously worded question). Your comment about “scheduling” being taken into account doesn’t negate the fact that time needs to be constantly monitored. I’m scheduled to have all my planning for Term 1 next year complete, but…

Short Answer:
Mostly happy with your answers. Question 4 I’d have gone for penetration testing, but honeypot works as well.

Case Study:
Q1. I’d expect to see an answer on purpose of SRS to include “break a problem down into component parts”, but otherwise all good.

Q3b. Prepare Reports for each candidate would involve taking data out of the “Votes for candidate A,B,C” data stores and presenting them to the user. Process 2 should be “Allocate votes to candidates”.

Q4a. My reading of the table with Record number is that the table represents a single file, so the numbers should keep going up – not sure if the examiners will give marks both ways. So I’d expect to see:

  Record Number          Age      Medical         Expected Value of
  NumberEligible          Actual Value of
  NumberEligible
     1     81      False                  1               1
     2     75      True                   2                       2
     3     75      False                  2     2
     4     85      True         3                 4

I was using an “else if” instead of putting the two conditions together, but yours is a lot more elegant.

Q5. Only quibbling with your description, but would put the NumberEligible description as saying “stores the number of voters eligible for mobile voting

Q9a. Given that the question is trying to see whether students recognise validation as distinct from testing, I would just call that “validation”.

Q14. I’m not sure that your answers to part C really match the conflict, and I’d expect to see some explanation of “how” rather than just “what"

Thanks for the great set of responses – even if nobody takes any notice of this it’s been a useful activity for me. Looking forward to seeing Mark’s post-mortem up on vceit too!

Geoff

Geoff Matheson
Leading Teacher: Teaching and Learning Coach – Classroom Support
[cid:3392357119_3062448]