[Year 12 SofDev] I'll fly a million miles with one of your bugs...

Mark mark at vceit.com
Wed Jul 15 15:40:52 AEST 2015

Hi, worthy professionals.

"UNITED AIRLINES PAYS MAN A MILLION MILES FOR REPORTING BUG

"TWO MONTHS AFTER United Airlines launched a bug-bounty program to reward
researchers who report flaws in the company’s web site and apps, a
researcher has received 1 million air miles in the first reward given.

"After submitting information to United about a remote-code execution flaw
in the airline’s web site, Jordan Wiens was awarded his mileage last
week...

"United is the first airline to launch a bug bounty program. The company
announced the program in May, after receiving harsh criticism for banning a
security researcher from one of its flights."

Read more...

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/united-airlines-pays-man-million-miles-reporting-bug/

--

*If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it
necessarily means you're a hard worker. It may just mean that you have a

Mark Kelly

http://vceit.com