[Year 12 SofDev] DLTV conference

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Jun 16 10:32:40 EST 2014

Dear colleagues

On 25 and 26 July, Digital Learning and Teaching Victoria will be holding its inaugural conference at Swinburne University. There are some excellent sessions on VCE, the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies and elearning.

>From a VCE perspective there are sessions focusing on feedback from last year's examinations - this is the first time (I think) that you've had the opportunity at a conference to hear from people who hold official Examination Assessment positions. There are also sessions on approaches to teaching and learning, and assessment. I will be running a session that updates you on post-consultation progress on VCE IT/Computing.

The Digi Tech sessions (like VCE in that they run over the two days of the conference) are quite varied, ranging from an overview of the content and implementation matters, to hands-on activities appropriate to developing computational thinking skills in students. Remember that government and Catholic schools need to fully implement the Digital Technologies curriculum by 2017.

There are many streams focusing on pedagogy and elearning, such as 'learning and teaching tools', 'learning tools and spaces', 'the creative classroom', 'mobile learning', 'digital pedagogies' to name but a few.

Please visit the website and check out the conference program - you will be impressed.

http://dltv.vic.edu.au/dltv-annual-conference-2014

Regards
Paula

Paula Christophersen
Curriculum Manager, Digital Technologies
Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
2 Lonsdale Street
MELBOURNE 3000
(03) 9032 1724
0407 043 110