[Year 12 SofDev] Maggie Iaquinto

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Mon Jul 21 22:26:16 EST 2014

Dear Friends

   I first met Maggie in 1996 when she visited my school to ask for some
help as she was teaching Software Development for the first time and
had no training in IT having come from a Secretarial Studies
background.
   I was so impressed with her courage, desire to learn and drive that it
gave me a real push to also strive to do better.
   Over the years Maggie's achievements, successes, passion and amazing
rapport with colleagues and students encouraged and inspired all those
with whom she came into contact. As recently as a few months ago she
was still working to improve her OOP programming.
   Despite her illness she continued to work on the Study Design Panel and
regularly shared her excitement of what was coming up in the next
review.
   This community is almost 20 years old and we have lost a number of our
friends and colleagues as the years have ticked along and lives have
taken their inevitable twists and turns.
   Maggie was an incredibly brave woman, a talented professional and a
great friend. Whilst there is no escaping the fact we have to say our
goodbyes sooner or later, I am comforted in that I learned so much from
Maggie in the time I knew her, and that she absolutely loved teaching
and the teaching of IT above all else. This truly was her passion and a
passion she lived and shared with all of us. We will miss her.

Vale Maggie

Kevork