[Year 12 SofDev] Apple programming goof

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at westnet.com.au
Tue Feb 25 17:26:39 EST 2014

Nice find Mark.

It might be an interesting exercise for students to re-write the code so that it is goto-less. A simple compound conditional won't do the trick (at least not without introducing more variables). I would also be getting rid of the fancy-pants variable assignment that happens inside the conditional expression of each if. As far as I can tell, the function should return 0 if all is well, otherwise it should return the value in err.

Regards
Robert T-A