[Year 12 SofDev] U4O2: Acceptance testing

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Sep 5 10:25:30 EST 2013

I've found it to be a grey area when researching it.
"User Acceptance Testing", I've found, always refers to having a real
end-user test the software.
But I've seen "Acceptance Testing" being used to refer to formal testing by
the client, as well as being used to mean "User Acceptance Testing" in
other places.
Sadly, The Real World (TM) is not as neat and tidy as a textbook is.

Cheers
Mark

On 5 September 2013 08:46, PIKE Philip <pikep at bmg.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  Hi everyone, can I please have some clarification on Acceptance testing.*
> ***
>
> The study design states: “criteria and techniques for testing acceptance
> by users of solutions (4.7)”****
>
> Janson’s book gives a brief description of acceptance testing and states
> that “representatives of the organisation are given the chance to  test the
> system for themselves.”****
>
> Mark Kelly’s website  explains Acceptance testing as being carried out by
> the developer as part of formal testing and then goes on to explain user
> acceptance testing as being carried out by the client.****
>
> ** **
>
> Are we to call acceptance testing User acceptance testing or are we
> confusing students by trying to explain  two types of acceptance testing?*
> ***
>
> ** **
>
> Hoping for some clarification.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
>   **
>
> *Philip Pike
> *Director of ICT*
>
> Bacchus Marsh Grammar
> T.* 03 5366 4893  *F.* 03 5366 4850  **
> *E.* pikep at bmg.vic.edu.au  *W.* http://www.bmg.vic.edu.au
> South Maddingley Road | PO Box 214 | Bacchus Marsh Victoria 3340****

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

Day 19, I have successfully conditioned my master to smile and write in his
book every time I drool.- Pavlov's Dog