[Year 12 SofDev] Visual Studio 2012

HEW Donald (HewD) HewD at vermontsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 12 17:15:16 EST 2013

I have both VB2010 and VS2012 for Desktop installed (x64 Win7SP1). VS2012 seems to be less stable and  lots of waiting / not responding when retrieving a saved project. I have been telling my student to go back to VB2010 if they are sick of waiting.

The new version is 'identical' for what I am doing so far (Graeme Summer's textbook) for VB2010 except the first screen when you will have to choose which language you will be using.

Donald Hew
IT Provision Leader, IT Leader
Vermont Secondary College
bh 88726345   mob 0408082788

Mark <mark at vceit.com> wrote:
So many beaches, so little legs...
When it comes to reviewing big, complicated software suites, I prefer to ask Mr Google what he thinks.

And I noticed the other day that - contrary to popular fallacy,  you CAN find baby seagulls.  By the time they're out in public, they are the same size as their parents, but they constantly harass the parents for food.  And they're sulky.  Maybe this could be useful key knowledge for the new study design.